University Place Elementary School was built in 1959. It consisted of ten classrooms and a lunchroom facility. The original student population was 463 students in grades one through six. In the late 1960’s a library and additional classrooms were added. During the summer of 2001, construction of the new wing began. The new wing consisted of a new library, multi-purpose room, teacher workroom, restroom, and storage facility.
In the summer of 2003, an outdoor classroom was started using funds obtained from donations and grants. The completed “Outdoor Classroom” is National Wildlife Federation certified. In 2009, the school received Level 2 certification from the National Wildlife Federation.
In 2009 Terry Heights Elementary closed and was consolidated with University Place. University Place currently serves over 550 students in Pre K through 5th grade.